Cleaning Policies and FAQ’s
TYPES OF SERVICES EXPLAINED
- DAILY, WEEKLY,BI-WEEKLY & MONTHLY SERVICES: For those desiring to have a regularly scheduled service. The above rates are based on the home taking an average time to clean. If for any reason the home is not found in an “Average” condition we reserve the right to bill for the extra time spent.
- ONE TIME CLEANING: For those desiring to have cleanings done at irregular intervals on an as needed basis. Monthly service can not be a guaranteed same day each month. However, we will do our best to accommodate you. If for any reason the home is not found in “Average” condition we reserve the right to bill for the extra time spent. Also there is the $25 additional charge per cleaning for monthly clients. Monthly client = any client who schedules cleanings over 3 weeks apart.
- Due to our flexible and ever changing schedule, it is difficult to commit to exact arrival times. We service homes between the hours of 7:00 am and 6:00 pm. (Last home scheduled is usually at 3:30 pm) Even if you normally have an afternoon cleaning, there may be times that we need to clean your home in the am instead. We will make every effort to accommodate your needs, and call you ahead of time if there are any changes in the schedule.
- You may reschedule, skip, add, or cancel any of your cleanings. We do ask for a 12-hour notice of any of these actions. We have other clients who are on a set time schedule, and without notice it interferes with their cleaning times. Please be courteous and call. Without a 12-hour notice you will be charged $35 cancellation fee, payable at next scheduled cleaning… An additional $10 will be charged for cancellations or no-shows happening at your door, to cover our travel time.
- If you are a bi-weekly customer and you skip 1 scheduled cleanings you will be required to pay the $45 initial cleaning fee again. This will added on your next scheduled visit
- If you are a weekly customer and you skip 2 scheduled cleanings you will be required to pay the $45 initial cleaning fee again. This will added on your next scheduled visit.
- The cost of all services includes the provision of reasonable supplies and equipment being provided by our company. Any jobs requiring extra or unusual supplies and/ or equipment will be billed additionally for these services.
- We have a “No check/ No clean” policy. Payment is expected in full the day of the cleaning. Any check returned from your bank will be assessed an additional fee of $35.
- We need to be able to work freely and without distractions. Every effort is made to work safely and cautiously, but we cannot assume liability for the safety of others. This includes children and pets. Be advised that if we are subject to distractions that affect our ability to work we reserve the right to charge for our extra time spent in the home.
- We assume no liability for damage or loss of items that are not secured in a proper manner, or previously damaged before cleaning. (Example: heavy pictures hanging from thumbtacks, or dings in furniture that were there before we cleaned)
- Items of extreme value (monetary or sentimental) should be dusted or cleaned by the owner.
- Although we are professionals, we are not miracle workers. Sometimes we are called in too late to correct damage that is already done, or Items may take a couple of cleanings to look their best. We will work with you in the most cost-effective way to try to remedy these spots in your home.
- We do not offer refunds on services that have been provided. We will however return and re-clean for any problems reported within 24 hrs of cleaning.
- No representation or warranty made by any other person, expressed or implied other than the owner of Wichita Maid Service Corp. which is not specifically set forth herein shall be binding upon Wichita Maid Service Corp.
MAINTENANCE CLEANING SERVICES
All homes will receive the following: (depending on the rooms you chose)
- Kitchen: Counter-tops/backslash/stove-top cleaned (items removed and replaced). Sinks scrubbed (including behind sink) and left shining. Outside of oven, dishwasher, and fridge. Inside of microwave. Complete dusting of pictures, shelves, fixtures, blinds window sills. Floor vacuumed and mopped. Trash taken out.
- Bathrooms: Tubs/sinks/chrome/counter-tops/mirrors/shower and glass cleaned. Toilet cleaned (inside and out). Any shelves, pictures, fans, fixtures, blinds dusted. Floor vacuumed and mopped.
- Bedrooms: Furniture dusted top/sides/front (if more than 50% cluttered, we won’t be bale to clean it) Blinds, ceiling fans, vents, window sills dusted. Lampshades dusted. Any mirrors cleaned. Linens changed at $2 per bed
- Living Room and Other Indoor Rooms. To include dusting of all furniture (if any surface is over 50% cluttered, we will not be able to clean that area) Blinds, ceiling fans, vents, and lampshades dusted. Glass tables and mirrors cleaned. Vacuum and/or mopped.
- Hallway, Stairs. Vacuumed and or mopped, stairs dusted and any pictures shelves etc.
- Provision of all tools, chemicals and equipment to do the above tasks.
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE CALL FOR PRICING
- Washing of walls
- Washing of windows, cleaning of window tracks &/or screens
- Washing of baseboards
- Cleaning of interiors of any appliance other than the microwave
- Waxing of Shower or tub enclosures, walls or doors
- Washing of light fixture coverings
- Cleaning the interiors of china cabinets, Hutches, etc.
- Cleaning kitchen or bathroom cabinets
- Cleaning of items outside of the home, porches, lawn furniture, garages, etc.
- Vacuuming of upholstery or draperies
- Cleaning of fireplaces
- Taking garbage and recycling bins to the street
- Any cleaning requiring the moving of heavy or large items
- Any work requiring the use of ladders
Frequently Asked Questions
What areas do you service? Wichita Maid Service Corp. Wichita City and 20 Miles surrounding from down town Wichita City Hall.
When do you clean? Our hours are Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Although we do not normally work on Saturdays we can occasionally arrange to do so for one time cleanings at a slightly higher rate. Same day services can sometimes be arranged for Mondays and Tuesdays, unfortunately we do not have that capability for later in the week without prior arrangements, please call 48- 72 hours in advance to arrange for possible cleaning later in the week.
Do I have to be home when you clean? No, you do not have to be home. In fact the majority of our clients provide us with garage code or keys to their homes. However if you choose to be home while we clean we welcome you to do so. We understand that you may prefer to get to know us prior to allowing us to work on our own. We cannot however assume liability for injury to anyone in the home other than our own employees; therefore we ask that you stay out of our working area and off of wet floors.
How do you handle keys that are given to you to retain? If you chose to provide us with keys to your home rest assured that we take the utmost care in protecting both your key and your home, Keys are numbered and never have names attached to them. They are only issued the day of your cleaning and are checked back in to be deposited into our safe daily.
Why do you furnish all of the equipment and supplies? We provide the equipment and supplies for several reasons 1) So that all personnel are trained in the use of each chemical and piece of equipment. Knowing what we are working with allows us to provide quality results. 2) To free you the customer from having to keep track of what needs to be replaced, repaired or washed 3) Because often unscrupulous cleaning companies will have you provide the equipment and supplies so that they can claim that you are the employer therefore if any worker is harmed for any reason while working in your home that any and all claim will be made against your homeowner insurance.
How many people come to clean my home? Depending on the home we can work individually, in teams of 2 or in teams of 3 or more if need for extra pay.
Are you insured? Yes, we are fully insured for your protection and peace of mind. We can provide proof of insurance at the time of each estimate. Our certificates are also available directly from our insurance company upon request..
What is something is damaged while my home is being cleaned? Please keep in mind that accidents do sometimes happen. We make every attempt to treat your home with the utmost of care and caution. If however we break something we will leave the item and a note for you. We will make arrangements to replace the item or to pay for it. Again; this is another reason why we are fully insured. Please note – if you have items that are of extreme value, either sentimental or monetary. We would prefer not to clean these items. Too, we cannot be responsible for items that are previously broken to our cleaning or are not fastened in a proper way.
Do I have to do anything before you come to clean my home? It is advantageous to have the home picked up as much as possible allowing us to be able to get to all areas so that we can optimize your cleaning. If we have to spend time picking items up and putting them in their place prior to cleaning you may be billed for the extra time needed to do so.
Do you guarantee your work? We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you contact us with your concerns within 24 hours of our cleaning we will return at our expense to correct the problem.
How do I pay for my services? Payment is expected at the time of the cleaning. We accept credit cards at this time.
I have pets, what do I do with them when the cleaner is present? We are of a firm belief that family pets are just like children. We enjoy working with them. If however you’re pet is afraid of vacuums or are raucous and will not allow us to do our work we may suggest that they be placed in areas that we are not working in.
What if I do not need my whole home cleaned? We work with you to customize your cleanings to your needs. We have customers who have their whole home cleaned on a bi wkly basis then have us come for just the bathrooms and kitchen on the opposite weeks. Tell us your needs and we will find a way to work them out for you. Please note that we do have a $50 minimum
What should I look for in a cleaning company? When hiring a cleaning person / company you are inviting someone into your home which is one of the biggest investments that you will ever make. You are inviting someone into the lives of you and your family. Often these people are working in the home with your family members present. We recommend that you hire only persons or companies that have taken the time to consider you and your needs and offered to have a hand in protecting you in case of accident or loss. Anyone can gather some cleansers and a vacuum and call themselves a cleaner….. However, only a professional will be able to provide you with proof of their license, bond, and insurance. Also, we recommend that you work only with those cleaners who take the time to learn and study the proper cleaning techniques for today’s modern surfaces as so many of them can be damaged by improper cleaning.
Why should I hire someone who is licensed? After all unlicensed persons charge less most of the time. Persons who work “under the table” do so without thought of long term and lasting repercussions to both themselves and their customers. They charge less because they are not paying into the system (taxes, medical, workman’s comp, insurance, social security, etc) When something goes wrong these workers will often disappear without a trace. However you can be assured that many will be among-st the first to collect aid from our tax dollars. Please keep our economy strong and work with professionals!
Copyright© 2008-2017 Wichita Maid Service Corp. All rights reserved